Homeschool Day at Bayou Magic
Where: Bayou Magic at 181 Hwy 171 #300, Moss Bluff, LA 70611
When: the 1st Friday of each month
Time: 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Cost: $10 includes 1 round of black light mini gol and 40 arcade games points
Homeschool Bowling Day
Where: Petro Bowl at 630 Petro Point Drive, Lake Charles, LA 70607
When: the 2nd Friday of each month (September through May)
Time: Noon to 2 p.m.
Cost: $5.00 for bowling, slice of pizza, and a soda
Note: Open to all area homeschoolers.
- Please remember to return your food trays to the snack bar.
- Please clean off your table before you leave.
- Please return your bowling ball to the ball storage rack.
- Remember that only the bowler should be on the approach deck. All other people should be in the pit or table area, etc. When a child or other person is on the deck, they could get between a bowler and their bowling lane. A bowler may not be able to stop their ball, which could be going up to 20 mph. Be safe and remember that the deck is not a place to play.
- Remember to show caution around the ball return. Do not stick your hand, arm, or face in the ball return. The return ball comes out at a speed that could cause broken bones.
Homeschool Days at Altitude Trampoline Park
Where: Altitude Trampoline Park, 3009 Gerstner Memorial Hwy, Lake Charles, LA 70601
When: the 1st Monday and the 3rd Friday of each month
Time: On Mondays-11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. On Fridays-1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Cost: On Mondays-$8.00 for 2 hours of jump (includes jump socks & pizza) On Fridays-$12.00 for 2 hours of jump plus a water
Note: All jumpers must purchase (or already have) the special grippy socks they sell for $2 each. You may keep the socks and bring them back each time. Also, all jumpers must have a waiver form on file. Complete it online before you go at Sign A Waiver. Open to all area homeschoolers.
Homeschool Days at Children’s Museum in Lake Charles
Where: Children’s Musuem 327 Broad St, Lake Charles, LA 70601
When: Fall 2019 – August 26th, September 16th, October 28th, November 18th
Time: 10 am – 2 pm
Cost: $6.25 per person
Note: The museum is also available for field trips. With at least a group of 10 people the cost is $7.00 per person. Includes a walk through guide to answer questions, a craft to be completed at the 3rd floor Art Space, and if interested can also book the conference room to eat your packed lunch.