Homeschool Day at Bayou Magic
Where: Bayou Magic at 181 Hwy 171 #300, Moss Bluff, LA 70611
When: the 1st Friday of each month
Time: 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Cost: $10 includes 2 rounds of black light mini golf and 40 arcade games points
OR $10 for 1 hour of unlimited play per person Arcade & Mini-Golf Play Only (NO tickets, NO Redemption, NO Merchandiser Cranes)
Homeschool Bowling Day
Where: Petro Bowl at 630 Petro Point Drive, Lake Charles, LA 70607
When: the 2nd Friday of each month (September through May)
Time: Noon to 2 p.m.
Cost: $5.00 for bowling, slice of pizza, and a soda
Note: Open to all area homeschoolers.
- Please remember to return your food trays to the snack bar.
- Please clean off your table before you leave.
- Please return your bowling ball to the ball storage rack.
- Remember that only the bowler should be on the approach deck. All other people should be in the pit or table area, etc. When a child or other person is on the deck, they could get between a bowler and their bowling lane. A bowler may not be able to stop their ball, which could be going up to 20 mph. Be safe and remember that the deck is not a place to play.
- Remember to show caution around the ball return. Do not stick your hand, arm, or face in the ball return. The return ball comes out at a speed that could cause broken bones.
Homeschool Days at Altitude Trampoline Park
Where: Altitude Trampoline Park, 3009 Gerstner Memorial Hwy, Lake Charles, LA 70601
When: the 1st Monday and the 3rd Friday of each month
Time: On Mondays-11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. On Fridays-1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Cost: On Mondays-$8.00 for 2 hours of jump (includes jump socks & pizza) On Fridays-$12.00 for 2 hours of jump plus a water
Note: All jumpers must purchase (or already have) the special grippy socks they sell for $2 each. You may keep the socks and bring them back each time. Also, all jumpers must have a waiver form on file. Complete it online before you go at Sign A Waiver. Open to all area homeschoolers.
Homeschool Days at Children’s Museum in Lake Charles
Where: Children’s Musuem 327 Broad St, Lake Charles, LA 70601
When: Fall 2019 – August 26th, September 16th, October 28th, November 18th
Time: 10 am – 2 pm
Cost: $6.25 per person
Note: The museum is also available for field trips. With at least a group of 10 people the cost is $7.00 per person. Includes a walk through guide to answer questions, a craft to be completed at the 3rd floor Art Space, and if interested can also book the conference room to eat your packed lunch.
____________________________________________________________________________________________ Disclaimer: Each individual business reserves the right to change their policy at any time. We will do our best to keep this information current. Please help us by informing us of any changes that are brought to your attention.